Are you an unpaid Carer, or know someone who is?
Make sure your GP knows about your caring role. Use the template letter from Carers UK, downloadable through this link: https://bit.ly/37Fv9Cs, to get registered.
NHS England recommended good practice is for each GP surgery to have a Carers Register. If they haven’t got a register yet, ask them to set one up.
If a GP knows that you are a Carer, some of the ways they can support you include:
- Provide support with any physical health issues related to your caring role.
- Make you aware of the carer’s flu jab each year.
- Talk about your mental health and the impact of your caring role.
- Provide you with general information and advice.
- Refer you to helpful organisations and services that can improve your caring situation.
- Give you flexible appointments at times that suit you.